Welcome to the SurvivorScotland website
The SurvivorScotland website has been developed by the Scottish Government to improve the lives of survivors of childhood abuse and we hope that this site will provide helpful information if you have been affected by child abuse in any way.
Neither SurvivorScotland nor the staff associated with it can provide treatment, counselling or advice for those affected by childhood abuse. If you do need help, please visit our Help and Support section for a list of organisations who may be able to help you.
The SurvivorScotland team, within the Care, Support and Rights Division which is part of the Directorate for Population Health Improvement of the Scottish Government, oversees the Scottish Government's National Strategy for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
The National Strategy for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse was launched in 2005. Through this we aim to:
- Raise awareness of childhood abuse
- Increase awareness of its long term consequences
- Improve support services
- Enhance the health and wellbeing of survivors
- Understand and acknowledge the experiences of people who were in care as children, whether those experiences were positive or negative
- Develop training and skills for frontline workers